>>English>>About Haishu>>History


Haishu District is named after the Haishu Building, which can be dated back to the Tang Dynasty. This building was first established in the year of 821, and was re-built in 1585 in the Ming Dynasty. It had been a place of strategic importance all through the history. In March, 1984, Haishu District was officially announced as an administrative district by the Provincial Government. In September,2016,nine townships (including sub-districts) of the original Yinzhou District newly joined in Haishu District due to the readjustment of the division of administrative regions.